Recipe by MrsKnox2016
Recipe courtesy of "Sargento Cheese". Ever since learning how to make focaccia using "The Easiest, Bestest Focaccia Bread" recipe on Zaar, I like experimenting with new toppings for the hearty, easy, quick treat. This recipe originally called for 1 loaf of frozen white bread dough, but I'll use the recipe above for the focaccia and proceed with their toppings. YUM! I have NOT tried this recipe, so please feel free to offer suggestions...
- 1 loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed according to package directions (or 1 recipe of your favorite focaccia bread)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary (optional)
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and cook your favorite recipe for focaccia bread (or get store bought!). If you use the frozen bread dough listed above, roll out dough onto lightly floured surface into a rectangle. Tranfer to greased baking sheet and let rise for 25 minutes. Bake for 18 minutes. *Before baking either your favorite recipe or the frozen bread dough, brush uncooked dough with mixture of garlic, oil and rosemary.
- Remove cooked focaccia bread from oven and top with prosciutto, dried basil and cheese.
- Return to oven and bake 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.