1/6 Photos of Cheese and Herb Damper
Good Aussie Tucker Mate! I use this recipe all the time and it always comes up trumps! Damper is so versatile it is so nice served spread with butter on a cold night to serve with a bowl of steaming hot soup, or with casseroles or with salads in summer. It is great served with antipasto or dips on a platter or even great to take on picnics, to serve with anything you like. For something delcious try whipping up a batch of Mustard and Honey Butter ( for Damper ) this butter goes so well with this damper and is so delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place flour, mustard, pinch of salt/pepper and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2Stir in cheese and herbs. Make a well in the centre. Add milk and mix with a flat-bladed knife until mixture comes together, adding more milk if required. Take care not to overmix or damper will be tough.
- 3Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Shape into a 15cm disc.
- 4Place on baking tray. Using a knife, score lines about 1cm deep on top of damper to divide into 6. Dust top with flour.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 6Cut hot damper into 6 wedges and serve with butter or Mustard and Honey Butter ( for Damper ).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Herb Damper
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.9
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 801.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: