Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
This recipe comes from my cookbook "Cool Foods" I have placed it here for safe keeping. Try it, you'll for sure enjoy!! Preparation time does not include 30 minutes of refrigeration time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 pinch dry hot mustard
- 6 tablespoons butter, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 red chilies, seeded and sliced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Process the flour, mustard, and butter until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the cheese and chili, then the egg yolk and the water, process until the mixture comes together.
- Gather into a ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 inch rounds.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool -- YUMMY.