Recipe by Chef Nichol
This bread is moist and very flavorful! My family requests for our get togethers and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan combine milk and cornmeal. Cook, stirring constantly, over med-high heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly; remove from heat. Add cheese, butter, baking powder, sugar and salt; stir until cheese melts.
- Seperate eggs. Add yolks, one at a time, to cornmeal mixture, stirring after each addition just until combined (mixture will be thick).
- In mixing bowl beat egg whites into the cornmeal mix with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Stir about one third of the beaten egg whites into the cornmeal mix. Gently fold remaining beaten egg whites into cornmeal mixture until combined. Spoon ino an ungreased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 325 F for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Serve immediately!