Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are delicious little cheese bites that are great warm from the oven but also taste good at room temperature. Makes a great appetizer or snack.
- Cream butter until soft and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and shape into a 1 1/4" diameter log.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease cookie sheets.
- Slice the dough into 1/4" inch thick rounds and place on sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
these are very easy and very delicious. i used more chilli powder than what is called for, and i'm so glad i did, cause i just love spicy stuff. i baked them for 18 minutes, as i prefer crispier results. thanks, karen for the wonderful recipe! my bf loves these, he doesn't really have a sweet tooth, the weirdo!
Excellent and very tasty! Very beautiful as well! I didn´t have cheddar and decided to use 10 tablespoon of grated parmesan instead. I added a couple of tablespoon of cold water to compensate the lack of moisture, and I got very nice golden little cookies! I didn´t use any baking sheet either, I just put the rounds in a non greased baking tray and they came out fine. Thanks for posting!!
These came out tasting great but did not hold together on the baking sheet. I used butter and think next time I will use margarine. Tasty! Thanks. Maybe I cooked them too long?