Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are delicious little cheese bites that are great warm from the oven but also taste good at room temperature. Makes a great appetizer or snack.
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temp
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Cream butter until soft and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and shape into a 1 1/4" diameter log.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease cookie sheets.
- Slice the dough into 1/4" inch thick rounds and place on sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
these are very easy and very delicious. i used more chilli powder than what is called for, and i'm so glad i did, cause i just love spicy stuff. i baked them for 18 minutes, as i prefer crispier results. thanks, karen for the wonderful recipe! my bf loves these, he doesn't really have a sweet tooth, the weirdo!
Excellent and very tasty! Very beautiful as well! I didn´t have cheddar and decided to use 10 tablespoon of grated parmesan instead. I added a couple of tablespoon of cold water to compensate the lack of moisture, and I got very nice golden little cookies! I didn´t use any baking sheet either, I just put the rounds in a non greased baking tray and they came out fine. Thanks for posting!!
These came out tasting great but did not hold together on the baking sheet. I used butter and think next time I will use margarine. Tasty! Thanks. Maybe I cooked them too long?