Recipe by Derf
These finger shaped biscuits are wonderfull with lots of butter to dunk into poached eggs for breaky. Have also made them square and put poached eggs on top, sprinkled with parsley. From Reader's Digest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in cheese, onion, and bacon, mixing well.
- Add milk all at once to dry ingredients, stirring with a fork to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times.
- Roll out to an 8 inch square.
- Cut in half crosswise, then cut each half into 6 finger shaped biscuits.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet lightly sprinkled with flour.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden.
- Serve warm.