- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, Fresh, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, Melted
- 1 egg, Lg, Beaten
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, Md Sharp, Shredded
- 6 slices dark rye, Toasted
- 12 slices tomatoes, thin slices
- celery salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the mushrooms in the butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the egg and oregano.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Spread about 3 Tbls of the mixture on each slice of toast.
- Top each slice with 2 slices of tomato and sprinkle with celery salt to taste.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the sandwich is thoroughly heated.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve.