1 hr 25 mins
Family favourite!! Cheese and apple pie belong together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, , cubed
- 1 cup shredded aged sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2In a food processor, combine flour and salt.
- 3Add butter.
- 4Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Add cheese.
- 6With machine rumming, drizzle in milk, processing just until dough comes together.
- 7Press dough into ball.
- 8Wrap in plastic, let rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 10In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour lemon rind, cinnamon and ginger.
- 11Add apples and toss to coat, set aside.
- 12Between two sheets of waxed paper, rollout dough into 13 inch circle.
- 13Transfer to large baking sheet.
- 14Spoon apple mixture into centre.
- 15Fold sides up over filling, leaving filling exposed in centre.
- 16Fold edge of pastry over to make finished edge.
- 17Bake on lower rack in 425 degree oven for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 30 mintes or until fruit is tender and crust is golden.
- 18Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese, if using.
- 19Let cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Crust Granny Smith Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.7
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.4 mg
- Sodium 329.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g