Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this on pinterest and wanted to get it into my cookbook! My new go to recipe when I want my kids to rave about dinner! It's adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1 lb mostaccioli pasta
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/2 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water; drain, return to pot, and keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain all but one tablespoon of bacon drippings from the pan.
- 3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the reserved bacon drippings, then add the chicken to the same skillet. Cook until tender, no longer pink, and slightly browned.
- 4. Sprinkle the flour and ranch dressing mix over the chicken, stirring to coat evenly. Stir in the milk, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the cheddar cheese and half of the reserved bacon; cook and stir until the cheese is melted.
- 5. Serve each plate of pasta with more bacon sprinkled over the top.
The overall taste of this dish was OK, but the sauce texture was just horrible. Not a bit creamy, way too thick. Needs to be thinned out with a lot more milk, or a lot less flour.
This was so good and so easy to make!! I mixed the cooked pasta in with the chicken mixture.
This was?interesting. I would change it by using the entire 1oz of ranch and reducing flour. I had to add extra milk bc it was too gravy-like! For one pound of pasta the amount of chicken and bacon is too small! I also added extra cheese and bacon bc it was on hand once I had finished. The color is very off-putting but the flavor is ok, not very ranchy but that could be good. Still very easy to make and tastes pretty good.