Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this on pinterest and wanted to get it into my cookbook! My new go to recipe when I want my kids to rave about dinner! It's adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water; drain, return to pot, and keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain all but one tablespoon of bacon drippings from the pan.
- 3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the reserved bacon drippings, then add the chicken to the same skillet. Cook until tender, no longer pink, and slightly browned.
- 4. Sprinkle the flour and ranch dressing mix over the chicken, stirring to coat evenly. Stir in the milk, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the cheddar cheese and half of the reserved bacon; cook and stir until the cheese is melted.
- 5. Serve each plate of pasta with more bacon sprinkled over the top.
The overall taste of this dish was OK, but the sauce texture was just horrible. Not a bit creamy, way too thick. Needs to be thinned out with a lot more milk, or a lot less flour.
This was so good and so easy to make!! I mixed the cooked pasta in with the chicken mixture.
The only thing I added was 1 cup of sour cream . I stirred it in before adding the cheese. It was a big hit with my guys. I will definitely add it to my recipes