Years ago when I was a scout leader our troop was working on an International badge, which each troop member brought a recipe and a dish for everyone to taste. This is one of my favorite of those recipes. Its a pastry-like cookie that is deep fried and sprinkled with confectioners sugar.
- 8 ounces egg roll wraps
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Cut 1 sheet at a time of egg roll wrappers from corner to corner to form a triangle.
- Fold two corners on long side of triangle to form a smaller triangle (does not have to be precise).
- In a skillet with about 1" deep oil -- fry a few triangles at a time until they are light golden brown in hot oil. Each Khrusty only takes 1-2 minutes to reach desired color.
- Warning: Watch out as oil splatters.
- Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.