Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Years ago when I was a scout leader our troop was working on an International badge, which each troop member brought a recipe and a dish for everyone to taste. This is one of my favorite of those recipes. Its a pastry-like cookie that is deep fried and sprinkled with confectioners sugar.
- 8 ounces egg roll wraps
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Cut 1 sheet at a time of egg roll wrappers from corner to corner to form a triangle.
- Fold two corners on long side of triangle to form a smaller triangle (does not have to be precise).
- In a skillet with about 1" deep oil -- fry a few triangles at a time until they are light golden brown in hot oil. Each Khrusty only takes 1-2 minutes to reach desired color.
- Warning: Watch out as oil splatters.
- Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
I would give this recipe 10 stars for ease of preparation. Light, flaky and addictive. The time is off because I made 40 of these in about 30 minute. I could only find a package of 20 egg roll wraps. It was also very easy to cut 5 or 6 sheets at a time. They were very easy to cut and prepare. The next time I make these (which will be very soon), I would like to add some cinnamon to the confectioners' sugar. Yum! Thanks for another wonderful recipe, Acadia. Made for Late Fall 2009 Photo Tag.
Yummy cookie slash pastry that you can't eat just one of. They never last more than a day or two in our house. The only down side is they are messy due to the powdered sugar. Thanks for posting!