Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Eating at a certain restaurant gave me this idea. you can substitute the cheap flank steak with beaf tips or steak of choice.
- 3 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packets beef gravy
- 16 ounces flank steaks, 1/2-3/4 thick (cut into short strips)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) candrained sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper
- seasoning, of choice for steak
- in medium sauce pan bring water to boil for mashed potatoes.
- in large skillet on medium heat add oil. when oil is heated add steak and seasoning to taste. let simmer until brown on one side.
- turn steak and add mushrooms. let simmer until steak is around medium doneness.
- add water and gravy mix bring to light boil. let simmer until gravy thickens. remove from heat.
- water should be ready for potatoes. put potatoes in medium or large bowl. add water a little bit at a time until desired texture. add butter, salt, and pepper.
- put heeping spoon full on plate and make hole in center of potatoes. spoon steak mixture into potatoes.