1/2 Photos of Cheap and Easy Sausage Casserole
This is a really economical meal that's quick to prepare. You can experiment with different types of sausages but I have found that the plainest, cheapest ones work the best as they absorb the flavour and don't overpower the other ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a frypan and cook the onion. Add the onion to a saucepan or oven proof casserole dish.
- 2Brown sausages in frypan. Slice the sausages and add to onion.
- 3Add the can of tomatoes, paprika, barbeque sauce and water.
- 4Simmer over medium heat until sausages are cooked through - about 5 - 10 minutes. If sauce does not thicken by itself, add the flour.
- 5Alternatively after step 3 place into casserole dish and bake in oven until hot.
- 6Serve with mashed potatoes, pasta or crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheap and Easy Sausage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.9
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 866.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 20.6 g