This is a really economical meal that's quick to prepare. You can experiment with different types of sausages but I have found that the plainest, cheapest ones work the best as they absorb the flavour and don't overpower the other ingredients.
- Heat oil in a frypan and cook the onion. Add the onion to a saucepan or oven proof casserole dish.
- Brown sausages in frypan. Slice the sausages and add to onion.
- Add the can of tomatoes, paprika, barbeque sauce and water.
- Simmer over medium heat until sausages are cooked through - about 5 - 10 minutes. If sauce does not thicken by itself, add the flour.
- Alternatively after step 3 place into casserole dish and bake in oven until hot.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, pasta or crusty bread.
5 stars for a quick, tasty and budget friendly family meal. Use gluten-free sausages and ingredients to make this a gluten-free diet suitable meal. I think I would like to add some garlic, salt, pepper and maybe a few Italian style dried herbs such as basil and oregano. Recipe reviewed for Pick-A-Chef event April 2013. This is a an economical recipe that turns a simple sausage into an appealing meal. Served today with steamed sweet potato pieces. Photo to be posted