Recipe by Mirj
This is a staple at our house. We like to eat it by dragging some fresh pita bread through it by hand.
- 1 eggplant (large enough to make about 1 cup pulp)
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- lettuce leaf
- tomatoes, sliced
- cucumber, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggplant above an open flame and let it actually burn on all sides until soft.
- Cool and peel.
- Mash pulp with a fork until it is like a paste.
- Add onion, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Stir in mayonnaise or olive oil or 1 tablespoon of each.
- Mix well.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf as an appetizer.
- Garnish with slices of tomato and cucumber.