Recipe by Lainey39
NOTE: Since the first review, I have edited this recipe to include complete directions. With the new zaar format, apparently it cut off the directions and I didn't notice in time. This recipe is from chef Rocco Dispirtio. It was published in Redbook magazine. You could also use 4 New York strip steaks in place of the ribeye steaks.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mushrooms (assorted such as cremini, shiitake, portobello, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless rib eye steaks, 1-inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup chives, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 large cast-iron skillets over medium-high heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
- While the skillets heat, in a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until light brown and liquid evaporates, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes.
- Season with 1/2 t of the salt and 1/4 t of the pepper and set pan aside.
- Sprinkle steaks with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Place 2 steaks in each skillet.
- Cook until charred and rare, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove to a platter to rest 5 minutes.
- Return pan with mushrooms to medium-high heat and cook, stirring, until hot.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in garlic.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add vinegar, butter and honey.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until butter just melts and mixture is creamy.
- Stir in chives and spoon on top of steaks.