Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
I made these for dinner tonight. These are "wow"! They're pure vegetarian, quick n' easy, picnic food, breakfast delights, you can also enjoy these for lunch/dinner/as a snack item. I call these "ALL PURPOSE THEPLAS"! I tried these tonight, honestly speaking, for the FIRST time, but, these are so darned good, I can tell you now only that I'm going to have to make more tomorrow. OO
Top Review by Hannah_phi
I had these for breakfast this morning and they really came together very quickly. Despite the fact that they are small they are very filling. I had them topped with chutney. These are pretty spicy, but I love that.
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup graham flour
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 -5 pinches asafoetida powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, powdered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds, powdered
- 2 tablespoons oil
- oil (for shallow frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a little water, mix all ingredients together except 'oil for shallow frying.
- Knead to a soft pliable dough.
- Divide dough into 10 balls (theplas').
- Roll each ball into a 5 inch round.
- Quick Tip: Sprinkle flour over each thepla while rolling, for ease.
- Place on a hot griddle, roast and drizzle oil, to shallow fry.
- Once you see small brown circles appear, flip side.
- Repeat for other side.
- Repeat for remaining dough.
- Serve hot with yogurt or tomato pickle.
- Equally tasty when cold too, but I prefer then hot.
- WARNING: Make plenty of these as everyone, right from your teenager to your great grandparents, are going to love these.
- These are addictive.
- Don't be surprised if your called"KITCHEN GODDESS" for making these for your family and friends!