Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Paprika, cumin and lemon juice dress a chard salad that's delicious and nutritious. This recipe appeared in Gourmet so long ago that it's not even on Epicurious.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs swiss chard, washed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Boil the chard in salted water until tough stems can be pierced with a fork. Drain, pressing on the chard to squeeze out water.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the garlic gently until golden. Add the chard, paprika, cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Yum! I didn't boil the chard before either. Just sautéed it lightly.
very nice flavours, we ate ours kind of between hot and warm, very tasty! I did not boil the chard before hand, I cut out most of the stems because we didnt want it overcooked, it turned out just right. I had a couple of large mushrooms to use up so chopped them up and added them, we loved the seasonings. Thanks for posting.
Unusual, healthy and delicious! Takes getting used to the flavor but it's addictive...