Snapper Baked With Cumin and Lemon
I am planning to make this for our seafood lunch Christmas day.
- Ready In:
- 1 whole red snapper, cleaned and scaled (approx 2kg)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 teaspoons paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- Mix together all ingredients (except lemon slices and fish) in a bowl.
- Smear this mix over the fish-inside and out.
- Take a piece of foil large enough to enclose the fish and lay half the lemo slices down the centre of it.
- Lay the fish on the lemon slices and top with the remaining lemon slices.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in a moderate (190c) oven for about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the fish to rest for 10 minutes before serving on a large platter with the juices poured over.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is great. I have made this recipe with sea bream and it was perfect. I followed the recipe, cut down the amount of ingredients, because my sea bream was not 2 kg. I used parchment paper to enclose the fish. Parchmentpaper will keep all fluids inside, but will let escape some of the steam. And you can serve it in parchment paper. When you open the parcel all wonderful flavours will fill the air. Cumin and paprika aare a great combination. Together with parsley and garlic it will flavour the fish well without being to dominating here. The elmons add juics and freshness. Thanks for sharing.Reply