Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
After sampling this dish I felt I had to have the recipe. Even better the next day!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (low fat/low sodium ok)
- 8 ounces sour cream (light OK - NOT fat-free)
- 2 packages round buttery crackers (I like Ritz - low fat OK)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Poach chicken until no longer pink.
- Shred chicken and season with salt& pepper to taste.
- Add soup and sour cream to shredded chicken.
- Mix well.
- Set aside.
- Crush crackers into fine crumbs.
- Add poppy seeds.
- Melt butter.
- Combine well with cracker/poppy seed mixture.
- Set aside.
- Spread chicken mixture in bottom of 9x13 baking pan.
- Cover evenly with cracker topping.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes at 350*.
Yummy comfort food. I added sauted onion and celery to the chicken mixture.
We make this and my girls LOVE it. It is one of our favorite dishes. I use cream of chicken- not mushroom we prefer that one. It seem to be richer w/ the cream of chicken, to us anyway. Very Yummy !!
I love this recipe! I usually will make it with chicken tenders and leave them whole. This is a very satisfying dish, and I think it is pure comfort food! :) Thanks for posting!