Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my favorite tapas. My mom made something similar when I was growing up, but added chopped serrano chiles with the garlic. This made them spicy, but was a great complement to the richness of the mushrooms. Memories!!!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mushrooms, cleaned
- lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, minced
- Melt butter in a frying pan.
- Add the mushrooms and sautee gently, covered, for 5 minutes. Shaking pan occasionally.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice, the salt and pepper.
- Increase heat and stir well.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, being careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the parsley and cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
This was a delicious and easy recipe; it came together in a matter of 10 minutes and tasted wonderful. I used regular white mushrooms and scaled the recipe back. Made for ZWT 8 - by a Bistro Babe