Recipe by FoodStation1
This is quite an unusual salad, as we rarely eat mushrooms raw. After marinating they maintain their crunchiness and absorb all the flavours of the sauce, which makes for a light and healthy dish. Skip the cheese if you are on a diet, the mushrooms taste great even without it. Speaking of the healthy benefits of the mushrooms: they stimulate reproduction and activity of immune cells. So, great taste and health benefits in one.
- 300 g large fresh champignon mushrooms
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 spicy green pickled pepper
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 50 g parmesan cheese, shavings
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, some black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle some lemon juice on a large flat dish. Wash and wipe mushrooms dry, slice them thinly. Place the slices overlapping on the dish and sprinkle some more lemon juice over them.
- Remove the seeds from the pepper. Chop basil, tomatoes, and a pepper finely.
- Mix vinegar with olive oil and pour over the chopped vegetables. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the salsa over the champignons. Leave to marinate 30 minutes to an hour. Scatter some parmesan shavings on top and decorate with chives.