Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is quite an unusual salad, as we rarely eat mushrooms raw. After marinating they maintain their crunchiness and absorb all the flavours of the sauce, which makes for a light and healthy dish. Skip the cheese if you are on a diet, the mushrooms taste great even without it. Speaking of the healthy benefits of the mushrooms: they stimulate reproduction and activity of immune cells. So, great taste and health benefits in one.
- 300 g large fresh champignon mushrooms
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 spicy green pickled pepper
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 50 g parmesan cheese, shavings
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, some black pepper
- Sprinkle some lemon juice on a large flat dish. Wash and wipe mushrooms dry, slice them thinly. Place the slices overlapping on the dish and sprinkle some more lemon juice over them.
- Remove the seeds from the pepper. Chop basil, tomatoes, and a pepper finely.
- Mix vinegar with olive oil and pour over the chopped vegetables. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the salsa over the champignons. Leave to marinate 30 minutes to an hour. Scatter some parmesan shavings on top and decorate with chives.