This is a great tea to drink after dinner, before bedtime. Chamomile tea has soothing, calming and relaxing properties. It helps digestion, coughs, colds, poor skin, and is used as a liver tonic. Adapted from Herbal Teas.
- Rinse the flowers with cool water.
- Warm your tea pot with boiling water.
- Add the apple slices to the pot and mash them with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chamomile flowers and pour in the 2 cups boiling water.
- Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Strain the tea into two cups.
- Add honey to taste.
- Drink and enjoy!
Wonderful combination! Never thought of mixing these two together.Thanks for sharing.
Wonderfully delicious tea! I used dried chamomile flowers and about 1 tbsp of honey as I like sweet tea. I also added 1 tsp coffeemate for a creamy texture. The apple/chamomile combination is so wonderful. Thanks Sharon, for yet another keeper recipe! :)
Simple to make and deliciously different thanks to the flavour provided by the sliced apples. I used dried chamomile.