Winter is coming. And tea season. This makes a very nice give away filled in bottles and the preparation makes your home smell absolutely wonderful. The recipe is open to variation of spices/teas and is truly easy. The amount of syrup will be about 250ml and will keep months stored in the fridge. Mix into hot milk (1mug will need about 1 tsp syrup) or add to coffee, cakes, ice cream, ...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water to a boil and add teabags. Let stand for about 15 minutes.
- 2Squeeze out teabags thouroughly.
- 3Roast dry spices (apart from ginger and vanilla bean) in a pot until fragrant (do not burn!)
- 4Add roasted spices, cubed ginger, vanilla seed, pod and the sugar to the tea and bring to a boil.
- 5Let cook/simmer until syrupy (about 20 minutes).
- 6Pour into small bottles/jars through a sieve.
- 7This will keep months stored in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chai Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (921 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1548.6
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 143.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 398.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 388.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: