Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Chai Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through pepper), stirring well with a whisk. Place sugar and butter in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until combined (mixture will appear crumbly). Sprinkle dough with 1 tablespoon ice water; toss with a fork.
- Divide dough in half. Shape dough into 2 (6-inch-long) logs; wrap each log in plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour or until very firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Unwrap dough logs. Carefully cut each log into 18 slices using a serrated knife.
- Place dough circles 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
This was a great idea, but for some reason my mixture wasn't crumbly like described. I had to add more flour; I can't remember how much. Then in the end the texture was a little tough. But I'm still giving it four stars because I really loved the taste and think it might have just been my mix that was off; I'll try it again!