Recipe by Mary Jenny
Healthy ingredients are the foundation for a healthy lifestyle. Whether it be a minor addition for flavour, or an increased dosage that completely transforms a meal, finding healthy ingredients that are both nutritious and delicious can enhance your diet and your life. Honey is a diverse ingredient that can be supplemented or added to your favorite food and beverage to enrich the taste and fill your meal with the natural source of vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids ?that honey provides. Many Canadian consumers are opting for honey as an alternative to sugar. “The natural anti-oxidants and anti-bacterial properties of good quality honey make it an ideal replacement for its heavily processed, refined sugar counterpart,” says Greg Mohr, Director of sales and marketing at Bee Maid.
- 1⁄2 cup beemaid liquid honey
- 2 cups water
- 2 black tea bags
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- To make Chai Tea base, in a medium saucepan, combine honey, water, tea, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and allow to steep for 30 minutes. Remove tea bags. Cover and refrigerate Chai Tea base.
- To serve hot: Combine equal parts of Chai Tea base and milk. Heat on stovetop or in microwave.
- To serve cold: Combine equal parts of Chai Tea base and milk over ice cubes.
- Tips: This recipe can be Doubled or trippled easily. Chai Tea base may be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- For more information and recipes, please visit www.beemaid.com.