Top Review by Chef floWer
I needed some Chaat Masala for Recipe #301064 so I used this recipe. The aroma was wonderful and the potatoes turned out yummy. Thank you Chef Kate - *Made for Zaar World Tour 4*
- 4 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ajwain (thymol)
- 2 -3 whole dried red chilies
- 3 tablespoons black salt, crystals
- 1⁄2 teaspoon citric acid
- 1 tablespoon mango powder (amchoor)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (or black) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the first 3 ingredients separately in a dry saute pan over medium high heat until they become aromatic--do not burn.
- Grind them with the chillies, black salt and citric acid until a powder.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.