Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This goes before normal garlic bread, and everyone always asks for more...
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (about 12 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in 1/2 length wise
- Beat butter and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in cheeses, onions, seasoning, and garlic.
- Spread over cut sides of bread.
- Place bread on ungreased cookie sheet and broil for 3-5 min, about 4-6 inches away from the heat.
- Cut into 2 inch slices.
Never had garlic bread with green onions, but change is good some times, and this was good.
This is a very tasty but different garlic bread...the kids and I loved it. DH was too chicken to try it because he saw the green onions :) I will definitely make it again however; I don't think I will serve it with anything Italian. It is definitely a side for beef, pork or chicken. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made and reviewed for My-3-Chefs 08