- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups celery, sliced in thin 1-inch strips
- 5 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the almonds in 1 Tbsp butter till light brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Melt 3 Tbsp butter in large skillet. Over low heat, add garlic, celery and onions. Saute gently, stirring often. Cook until celery is tender-crisp.
- Top with almonds and serve.
- If you like cream cheese with your celery & don't mind a few zillion extra calories, try this sauce:.
- Melt 6 Tbsp cream cheese with 6 Tbsp milk till hot & creamy. Pour over celery and top with toated almonds.