Recipe by Bec
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites. This recipes is "rich and crunchy!"
Top Review by Zorphai789
I made this dish one night for dinner to use up some extra celery I had in the refrigerator. I generally do not like the taste of celery but this was wonderful! My boyfriend and I enjoyed it and I will be making it again, but I will be halving the recipe next time it was a bit much for two people. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!
- 4 cups celery, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- buttered soft breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook celery in a small amount of boiling salted water until it is tender, but still crisp- Drain.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, almonds and sliced water chestnuts.
- Spoon mixture into a buttered shallow 2-quart baking dish, sprinkle with buttered crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.