Member #610488's Note:
This white onion relish is from the Yucatan region of Mexico and is often served with poultry or fish dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy frying pan, dry-fry the chilies until the skins are scorched. Place the roasted chilies in a strong plastic bag and tie the top to keep the steam inches Set aside for 20 minutes.
- 2In a spice grinder or food processor, puree the allspice, peppercorns and oregano until it is coarsely ground.
- 3Cut the onions in half and slice them very thinly. Put them into a large bowl.
- 4Dry roast the uncut garlic cloves in a heavy frying pan until golden then mince them and add to the onions.
- 5Remove the chilies from the bag and peel the skins off. Deseed and rough chop them.
- 6Add the ground spices then the chilies to the bowl and stir in the vinegars.
- 7Add salt to taste and mix thoroughly. Cover and chill for 1 day before use.
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cebollas En Escabeche
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar