Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very simple potato curry recipe, found in every Indian home, but not in the restaurants. The curry is best eaten as soon as it is done, while the potatoes are still crisp.
- In a large nonstick frying pan put the oil and heat over high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the potatoes. Stir-fry frequently until the potatoes are golden brown, around 20-25 minutes. You may need to reduce the heat to medium-high after the potatoes have cooked a bit.
- The last 2 minutes of cooking stir in the cayenne, green onions and salt.
- Serve at once.
- This type of recipe doesn't usually have onions, but I like the mild flavor of the green ones.
- Tips to have this recipe come out: use a nonstick frying pan, stir frequently so that the potatoes don't stay stuck together, cook over fairly highish heat except maybe the last few minutes, use potatoes that have a lower starch content (like red potatoes).