Recipe by mary winecoff
My boys aren't fond of "funny looking stuff" but they gobble this up every time I make it. Maybe they think I'm serving mashed potatoes. Anyway, this is quick and easy. Don't forget the paprika.
- 1 cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (I use cheddar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cauliflower whole in salted water until tender.
- Drain and place in serving dish.
- Melt butter in top of double boiler.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients, except paprika.
- Cook and stir until thick.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with paprika.