Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
It's easy to make and tastes great. Found this a long time ago when I was in junior high or high school. Could've even got it from home-ec class. Who knows? Hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (i'm sure you can use either plain or italian bread crumbs I use plain)
- Wash and trim cauliflower; break into flowerets.
- Cook covered in a small amount of boiling salted water, 10-12 minutes.
- Melt butter in small skillet; stir in basil or oregano.
- Drain cauliflower well.
- Pour melted butter over cauliflower; toss lightly.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese; toss lightly until cauliflower is coated with cheese.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over cauliflower before serving.
I had a head of cauliflower I needed to use up but was out of cheese. I steamed for 8 minutes and put under the broiler for 5. Oh and I forgot to melt the butter. Very NICE change from the usual and I will make again. Thanks!
This tastes SO good and it's so easy too! I used Panko crumbs as that it just about the only crumbs I use nowadays. Thanks for posting.
This was excellent! Nice change from the sauced type recipe. I chose the basil and sprinkled panko crumbs on mine. A do again for sure. :)