1/1 Photo of Cauliflower & Curry Puree
jane dough's Note:
This recipe was designed to show how salt can affect the finished item more than imagined, "how salt can reduce bitterness and enhance sweetness." Salt is added in increments, and again at the end until perfection is reached.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the cauliflower fairly small.
- 2Discard core.
- 3Cook the cauliflower in 1 Tablespoon of the butter over medium heat until golden brown.
- 4Add the curry powder.
- 5Saute for five minutes, stirring regularly.
- 6Add the milk and bring to the boil, stir regularly.
- 7Add pinch of salt and generous pepper.
- 8Drop the heat, and simmer for six minutes.
- 9Remove from the heat.
- 11Add a pinch of salt, and retaste.
- 12When cool enough, process in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 14Stir in the remaining butter.
- 16Continuing tasting and salting until all traces of bitterness are gone, and the puree tastes flavorful and sweet.
- 17Thin with milk, if necessary.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower & Curry Puree
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 58.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g