Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Crispy cheese-filled fritters with mild cauliflower and onion flavors. Easy to make and to-die-for delicious! My 3 year old loves to dip 'em in ketchup.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1 cup chopped raw cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- Make a smooth batter with first 7 ingredients.
- Mix in next 3 ingredients.
- For best results, refrigerate for an hour or so (but not necessary).
- Drop by spoonfulls into hot oil and deep fry til brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle with salt immediately upon removing from oil.
Delicious, and easy. Try them with ranch dressing. I cooked them in a T-Fal deep fryer at 350 degrees.
I agree with everything she said. They are easy and to die for. One of my guests said that I had made too much food and she could have made a meal off of these. They were light and tender. Great recipe, I will make these again, and again.
Wow, really yummy!!! I am going to try it with other veggies too!