Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Simple and good!
Top Review by Ericadawn
We really liked this recipe. We don't eat much cauliflower in our house, and this was a good way to fit it in. For some reason, this dish turned out weird looking for me, but if you can get over how it looks, it tastes really great!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut in floweretts
- 1 small red bell pepper (coarsly chopped or sliced)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch dried dill
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 desgrres.
- Butter a 6-cup baking dish.
- In a saucepan cook the cauliflower for 3-5 minutes or until only crisp-tender; drain well transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with chopped or sliced red bell pepper.
- In a skillet melt butter over medium heat; add in the garlic and flour; cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the half and half cream; bring to a simmer and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Add in the cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and dill; mix until the cheese is melted, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflour.
- In a small bowl combine the breadcrumbs with 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, then sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.