Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From today's Weekend magazine, Foodcourt column. With the rainy weather making it's appearance here over the last 2 days, nothing can be more welcoming for my dad than pakoras;) I hope you enjoy these!
Top Review by Googs
Maybe I was expecting these to be as tasty and spicy like traditional Indian pakoras. But these were bland and the "bind" was weak. Try besan (gram flour) instead of the corn flour and plain flour. Rice flour is a good trick - the pakoras were crunchy. Had to add lots of chili powder and green chiles!
- 1 medium cauliflower, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain flour (maida)
- 1⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornflour
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- water, enough to make a smooth batter (as is made for pakoras)
- oil, to deep fry