Recipe by larchie
Again, from a recipe book, never made, but looks good and want to have here should I want to make it....and I need more catfish in my diet (maybe)...
- 6 catfish fillets
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 lb vermicelli, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pat catfish fillets dry with paper towel and place in baking dish.
- Saute' green onions and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add bay leaf, lemon juice, tomatoes, salt, cayenne, oregano, and basil - cook until heated throughout.
- Pour sauce over catfish and bake, uncovered, until fish is flaky, 20 minutes.
- Divide pasta among 6 plates and place fillet with sauce over each nest of pasta.