- 1 lb catfish fillet (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cabbage, shredded (about 1/2 small head)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (more if needed)
- 16 corn tortillas or 8 flour tortillas
- lime wedge
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw catfish, if using frozen.
- In a medium bowl, combine lime juice, mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce; add cabbage and toss.
- Rinse fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels; cut into 1 inch strips and season with Cajun seasoning.
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal and flour.
- Add fish strips and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook catfish, in batches, about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and fish is flaky.
- Wrap tortillas with paper towels and heat in microwave 1 minute or toast tortillas in a dry skillet.
- If using corn tortillas, stack two and layer with fish and slaw.
- Serve tacos with remaining sauce from slaw, lime wedges, and additional hot pepper sauce, if desired.