1 hr 15 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
I stack fresh or frozen spinach, celery, yellow & red peppers, sauce, then layer beef or veal, chicken and shrimp. Cover with sauce. Bake or refrigerate and bake the next day. Nice to come home from work and pop this in the oven. You can choose one meat or all. The flavors work well together. One member in our family cannot have beef or chicken, so he has the shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed or 12 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup red peppers or 1/2 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 lb cube steaks or 1 lb chuck steak
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, flattened
- 16 ounces cooked shrimp, shelled with tails on
- 1 cup Catalina dressing
- 1 cup apricot preserves or 1 cup jam
- 3 ounces Lipton Beef and Onion Soup mix
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon, pieces (optional)
- Pam cooking spray
- 1Pound chicken, veal, beef, cut in individual serving pieces. You can use cut stew meat also, pound the pieces.
- 2Spray Pam in a two guart casserole dish or 9X13 baking dish.
- 3Place the spinach in a layer on the bottom of pan. If frozen, thaw and layer.
- 4Add chopped celery.
- 5Add yellow and red peppers.
- 6In medium bowl add salad dressing, apricot preserves, soup mix, garlic and optional ingredients if desired. Mix well.
- 7Layer the first meat, cover with sauce. Layer the second meat. Cover with sauce. The last layer is the shrimp. Pour the sauce over the top.
- 8Cover. Refrigerate.
- 9Bake 350* oven 1 hour covered.
- 10You may use one meat and onion soup mix if you wish.
- 11This is a great company meal, pass the bamboo skewers, tongs to stab the meats and plenty of napkins. You can double or triple this recipe. Just add more pans. Recipe is very forgiving and you can add other chopped veggies if you wish.
- 12Serve with hot rice or hot buttered noodles.
- 13I did not include the time for cooling in the preparation. The flavors are stronger if left for at least 6 hours. You can also prepare and bake immediately.
- 14Note: There are 12 servings of meat and shrimp in this recipe, if you allow 4 ounce servings. Cut it down if you wish, then half the dressing mixture. Don't cut the vegetables.
- 15Postscript: There was at least two cups of sauce the last time I made this. I cooked 1 cup of raw rice in the sauce later on. It was a wonderful side dish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Catalina Flavor Stack (Beef, Chicken & Shrimp)
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.7
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 195.0 mg
- Sodium 967.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 38.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: