1/1 Photo of Cast Iron Steak
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE STEAK
FOR THE (OPTIONAL) SAUCE
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Bring the steak to room temperature.
- 4Rub the steak on both sides with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Let it sit while you preheat a cast iron skillet over high heat, about 4 minutes.
- 5Place the steak in the skillet, and don't move it for 3 minutes.
- 6Flip the steak, and leave it alone for another 3 minutes.
- 7Put the skillet into the preheated oven for 5 minutes. (This will be medium rare.).
- 8Remove the steak from the skillet to a platter, cover loosely with foil, and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- 9OPTIONAL SAUCE:
- 10While the steak is resting, deglaze the pan with the red wine, and put back over high heat. Scrape up any bits of steak stuck to the pan.
- 11Add the shallots to soften in the wine as it reduces.
- 12Finish the sauce by swirling in the butter to incorporate.
- 13Pour sauce over steak.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cast Iron Steak
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.8
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 130.9 mg
- Sodium 137.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 29.9 g