1 hr 30 mins
Found in the Junior League of Fort Worth - Cowtown Christmas Magazine 2009
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For filling:.
- 2Peel the apples, slice and dust with both sugars (1/2 cup brown sugar & 1/2 cup white sugar), lime juice and cinnamon and allow to site in large mixing bowl for 10 minutes to marinate.
- 3For topping:.
- 4In a Cuisinart-type food processor, blend together 1 cup brown sugar, flour and pecans.
- 5When the mixture gets almost smooth, add in chucks of the butter and pulse until the mixture becomes the consistency of wet sand.
- 6Do not over mix or the topping will become gluey.
- 7In a cast iron skillet (any size will work!).
- 8Preheat the pan to 300 degrees in a convention oven. Grease the pan with just a touch of butter or non-stick cooking spray. Then add in a heavy helping of the apple mixture.
- 9Top with a thick layer of the crumbled topping and bake at 300 degrees for approximately 60 minutes.
- 10Keep checking to be sure that the top does not over brown.
- 11If the top gets too brown, lower the temperature to 275 and keep an eye on the oven.
- 12When the topping is golden brown and the apples are lightly bubbling, the dessert is ready.
- 13Serve in the pan family style, or scoop out and top with cinnamon ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cast Iron Cinnamon Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.1
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 154.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 98.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g