1/1 Photo of Cashew Snowballs
Kozmic Blues's Note:
These are very similar to those "butterball" Christmas cookies that I always remember around the holidays. However, these use CASHEWS, which really add a wonderful flavor! I made these for Christmas cookies in 2003, and they were, by far, everyone's favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the butter with ½ cup of the confectioners’ sugar with hand mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- 4Add the vanilla extract.
- 5Slowly beat in the flour, roasted cashews and salt until well combined.
- 6Divide the dough into 4 equal parts and shape into 1” logs.
- 7Wrap logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least ½ hour.
- 8Cut 1” pieces off of the refrigerated logs, and roll into balls.
- 9Place balls about ¾” apart on parchment lined sheets (should be about 3 cookie sheets worth) Bake cookies in oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden.
- 10Fill a shallow bow or pie plate with 2 cups of confectioners’ sugar.
- 11Immediately roll the hot cookies in the sugar to coat, a few at a time.
- 12Place on racks to cool.
- 13Once cookies are cooled, re-roll them again in confectioners’ sugar, so coating looks nice and white and even!
- 14Cookies can be stored in airtight container for about 1 week, or frozen for up to one month.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Snowballs
Serving Size: 1 (896 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.0
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 34.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g