Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very rich, not for the faint at heart.
- 30 vanilla wafer cookies
- 3⁄4 cup cashew halves, and pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups dulce de leche ice cream, softened (see note)
- 1 cup hot fudge topping
- Heat oven to 350*. In food processor bowl with metal blade, combine the vanilla wafers and 1/2 cup of the cashews; process until finely ground. Add butter; process just until crumbly. Press mixture in bottom and up side of a 9 inch glass pie pan.
- Bake at 350* for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Refrigerate crust for 20 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Spread 2 cups of the ice cream in cooled crust. Spoon or drizzle 1/2 cup of the ice cream topping over ice cream. Freeze about 30 minutes or until partially frozen.
- Top pie with remaining 2 cups ice cream, spreading evenly. Freeze at least 4 hours or until firm.
- To serve, let pie stand at room temperatire for 15 minutes. Cut into wedges; place on individual dessert plates. Top with remaining ice cream topping and cashew halves.
- Note: Recipe called for dulce de leche ice cream but any caramel flavored ice cream can be used.