Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This side dish is from one of my Food and Wine cookbooks. I think it would be lovely with a beef or pork roast.
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 6 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- In a small frying pan, toast the pine nuts over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the carrots for just 30 seconds.
- Drain and rinse with cold water then drain again.
- Toss the carrots with the lemon juice, salt, oil, pine nuts and the basil.