Recipe by alligirl
Taken from April 2011 Bon Appetit: "The carrots used in this recipe are true whole baby carrots, each usually about three to four inches long and about half an inch wide."
Top Review by I'mPat
I used a bunch of baby carrots and didn't worry about peeling them, made as directed and we had a delicious side to eat with our dinner which we all enjoyed, thank you alligirl, made for Everyday A Holiday tag game.
- 2 (453.59 g) packagepeeled baby carrots, with some tops still attached
- 44.37 ml butter, divided
- fine sea salt
- 44.37 ml honey, divided
- 6 thin slices peeled fresh ginger, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml fresh Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange carrots in single layer in heavy large skillet.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water and 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bring to boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer carrots to plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons honey and ginger to skillet and bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Boil until juices are syrupy and pale golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon honey, and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spoon ginger sauce over carrots and let stand 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Scatter parsley leaves over and serve.