Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Source: Anne Lindsay's New Light Cooking An easy way to perk up carrots.
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into sticks (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tbsp)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Combine carrots, water, oil and half of garlic in heavy saucepan.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 14 minutes or until carrots are tender-crisp.
- Stir in parsley, basil, remaining garlic, salt & pepper.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Easy! Used fresh basil from our CSA box and also used a fresh bunch of small organic carrots which were steamed whole. Very sweet carrots with the intense flavor of fresh basil. I did not stir the herbs into the mixture but also garnished on top. Very little salt and freshly grated black pepper. Reviewed for Veg Tag/May.
This was delicious! We used fresh tarragon. We didn't have any parsley, so we added a bit more tarragon than it called for. The tarragon added a wonderful, delicate taste. I don't know that I would add parsley next time I make it. I liked it so much without, and tarragon has such a delicate flavor, that I think I'll just stick with the tarragon.
I cut into long match sticks. So it didn`t take long to cook. For the herbs I used only fresh parsley. Didn`t need the salt and pepper. Thanks for a delish side.