- 2 cups carrots, julienned
- 1 cup parsnip, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Carrots and Parsnips: Steam carrots and parsnips 7 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- California Pistachio Butter: Combine butter, pistachios, lemon peel, lemon juice and honey. Makes 1/3 cup.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter to steamed vegetables. Garnish with pistachios, if desired.
- Variations: Other vegetables, steamed, can be substituted. Zucchini, green beans, asparagus and broccoli are a few suggestions.