Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an absolute favorite! I usually make this around thanksgiving, but also for other special occasions. Everyone always loves it, and they always beg for the recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! (prep time does not include time for steaming and cooling carrots, as this can vary).
- 1 lb carrot (steamed soft, then mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened but not warm or melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl with a mixer.
- Pour into an 8x8 inch glass baking dish.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, until knife comes clean.
- Can be served hot or cold.
- Refrigerate after finishing serving/cooling.
- Shouldn't be kept for more than a couple of days, as it will lose its flavor and freshness.
- Servings really depend on how much you choose to serve.
I've made this twice so far and will definitely be making it occasionally in the future. Both times, it was a winner in my house, once for DH and myself, and once with a guest. It's quick and easy and makes a great variation for a breakfast 'main' dish! Thank you for sharing this recipe Angela!
I made this exactly as the recipe was written and my results were nothing to rave about like the other reviewers had written. It was so-so, being that out of a family of five only my DH and son said it was ok. Personally I don't care for pumpkin pie and I thought this recipe had somewhat the same consistency. Sorry this recipe just doesn't fit our tastes, so I won't be making it again, but I don't doubt others would like it.
Yummy!! A great alternative as a vegetable side dish. I too recommend using about half the sugar recommended in the recipe - its plenty sweet with this alteration. As a time saver, I will prepare the carrots early in the day to make the actual souffle preparation even quicker. I also lightly greased my baking pan although the directions didn't indicate it was necessary, I think it probably helps a bit. Thanks!