Recipe by Jac
This yummy recipe is from the March 2004 edition of the Australian good taste magazine. It is really good.
- 450 g carrots (approximately 2-3 large)
- 215 g chickpeas (canned)
- 200 g ricotta cheese (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the carrots and chop into small pieces.
- Cook in salted, boiling water until tender- about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas well.
- Put all ingredients, except the salt, In a food processer.
- Process until well combined.
- You will probably have to scrape down the side of the bowl a few times to get all the ingredients processed.
- Taste and season with salt if needed.
- Serve as a dip or a spread on sandwiches.
- Beautiful with all breads but particularly good with rye, pumpernickle and pita bread.
- Will keep in the fridge for a few days.