I based this on one of the Mimi's Carrot-Raisin Bread recipes I found. However, I have made several substitutions that greatly reduced the calories, lowered the fat and increased the fiber, and put it in muffin pans. While this no longer tastes much like Mimi's, it is yummy and doesn't taste like "health food". Replacing oil with mashed banana gives this a hint of banana bread flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups king arthur's white whole wheat flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large banana (mashed)
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sliced frozen carrots
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Place banana, Splenda, egg substitute, Brown Sugar Splenda, vanilla, frozen carrots and pineapple in blender.
- 4Mix on highest setting until well-blended.
- 5Add raisins and walnuts to blender and mix well by hand.
- 6Pour blender mixture into flour mixture and stir until well-blended.
- 7Spoon batter into greased muffin pans (18 muffins total); or pour into greased bundt pan.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes (40 minutes for bundt), or until done.
- 9Please note that the Splenda ingredients are not included in the nutrition information. These ingredients add 12 calories per serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot-Raisin Bread (Healthier Version of Mimi's)
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.4
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 187.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g